Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to work in the DoD premier Forensic Center based in Fort Gillem, GA. Qualified candidates must have the ability to deploy OCONUS once every eighteen months, for up to six months at a time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process IED evidence to develop latent prints using standard laboratory procedures. Processing methods include, but are not limited to, cyanoacrylate fuming, fluorescent dye stains, powders in suspension, ninhydrin and indanedione.
- Identify, label, and photograph latent prints on evidence.
- Photograph each latent print using proper photographic equipment and techniques.
- Analyze latent prints in Adobe Photoshop to determine suitability and submit to the Defense Forensic Biometric Agency (DFBA). This determination shall be in accordance with laboratory policy.
- Compare latent prints to known prints and make conclusions.
- Document all examination results/findings in the Weapons Technical Intelligence Exploitation Analysis Tool (WEAT) database.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Interpret results for forensic and/or intelligence exploitation.
- Perform administrative and technical reviews of reports for fellow examiners.
- Maintaining proper chain of custody.
- Mix chemicals as required and perform quality checks on instruments and reagents.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures.